- The present academic session 2020 shall end on 27th November 2020. The last on-line class for the session will be held on that date.
- If you wish to CHANGE THE MEDIUM (English to Bengali OR Bengali to English) of study of the student for the session 2021, please submit an application at the School Office within 17th November 2020.
- Annual Reports will be given on following dates from 9.00 a.m. to 12 noon :
- NURSERY-B on Thursday, 10th DECEMBER 2020
- KG-I on Friday, 11th DECEMBER 2020
- KG-II and NURSERY-A on Saturday, 12th December 2020
- We shall advise parents on how to collect the report keeping in mind the present Covid-19 situation.
- SESSION FEES for the next academic session 2021 to be paid ON ANY OF THE DAYS from Thursday 17th to Saturday 19th DECEMBER 2020 between 9.00 a.m. to 12 noon.
- If you wish to avail the OPTION OF PAYMENT OF SESSION FEES IN TWO EQUAL INSTALLMENTS – one in December 2020 and the other sometime in March 2021, please submit an application at the School Office within 30th November 2020. This option has been introduced for 2021 session only keeping in view the present Covid-19 situation.
- Please note that NO fee component has been increased from last session keeping in view the Covid-19 situation at present.
- The School Office will remain closed from 20th December 2020 to 3rd January 2021 for Christmas and New Year.
- The academic session 2021 commences in January 2021.
- Parent meetings will be held from 8th to 11th January 2021. We shall inform about specific dates and times as meetings shall be held in small groups maintaining Covid-19 safety measures.
- Books, exercise books, identity cards, etc. shall be given on these dates (8th to 11th January 2021) class-wise, after the meetings.
- Classes shall begin on 14th January 2021. As of now, it seems that classes shall be held on-line. We shall keep parents / guardians informed regarding the date of commencement as well as the mode of holding of classes.
The Admission Form should be duly filled in and submitted along with a photocopy of the Birth Certificate and PP-size photo of the child (without dot/bindi or ornament) within DATE MENTIONED IN APPLICATION FORM.
Admission Form has to be deposited at the CASH COUNTER on any working day between 9-30 a.m. to 12-00 noon except Saturdays, Sundays, Lockdown days and Holidays. Any application form which is incomplete or without necessary Xerox copies SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
You shall be informed about the date of admission at the time of submitting the filled up form.
Both the parents shall be asked to come on the mentioned date and time. The date and time will not be postponed.
THIS YEAR OWING TO THE PRESENT CIRCUMSTANCES, PLEASE DO NOT BRING THE CHILD ON THE DAY OF ADMISSION.
COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS ARE BEING MAINTAINED AT THE SCHOOL.
AT THE TIME OF ADMISSION, THE FOLLOWING FEES TO BE PAID :
ADMISSION FEE : INR.12,000/=
SESSION FEE [ for the concerned class ]
For Class: Nursery – A : INR.5,000/=
For Class: Nursery – B : INR.6,000/=
For Class: Kindergarten I: INR.6,000/=
For Class: Kindergarten I: INR.7,000/=
OPTION of paying the Session Fees in TWO equal installments – first installment at the time of admission, second installment next year around March 2021. This option has been introduced for admission to 2021 session only keeping in view the present Covid-19 situation.
MONTHLY TUITION FEE: INR.800/= (at time of admission, for the first month of the session – January 2021, to be paid, thereafter, pay the monthly tuition fees from February 2021)
IDENTITY CARD FEES (2 cards): INR.100/=
Rabindra Jayanti was celebrated, this year from our homes. Teachers of Sri Aurobindo Bal Mandir, with students and their parents got involved in sharing videos of their performances – song, dance, recitation, in their homes in these lockdown conditions and paid their respects to Kaviguru Rabindranath Tagore. Some videos have been posted which may be seen following the relevant link from the Homepage…….
MENTAL HEALTH OF CHILDREN
An awareness programme on mental health of children was held at Sri Aurobindo Bal Mandir on 15th September 2019 with eminent psychiatrist Dr. Soumitra Basu as the resource person. Parents and guardians of KG classes attended. The session began with a general presentation on the important points parents must adhere to regarding mental health of children, followed by a long interactive session where parents discussed specific problems and received suggestions on ways to deal with them.
EDUCATION WORKSHOPS IN NORTH BENGAL
Sri Aurobindo Bal Mandir (under Sri Aurobindo Sakti Centre) teachers’ team held day-long workshops for teachers at three places in North Bengal. The first of such workshops was held on 5th July 2019 at Belakoba (district Jalpaiguri) where 24 teachers from 7 primary schools of the area attended. The second workshop was held at Naxalbari (district Darjeeling) the next day i.e. 6th July 2019, attended by 42 teachers from 5 primary schools, while the last one was held on 7th July 2019 in Siliguri Town at Sishu Malancha, a primary school of repute, where 34 teachers from 5 primary schools attended. Sessions were conducted on training of the senses and how learning can be made interesting for students, keeping in mind the thoughts of Sri Aurobindo and The Mother on education. Books on Sri Aurobindo and The Mother and their thoughts on education were on display and procured by many participants.
WORKSHOP ON INTEGRAL EDUCATION AND YOUTH SESSION
21st JULY 2019
A day-long workshop was held by Sri Aurobindo Society at Sri Aurobindo Sakti Centre & Sri Aurobindo Bal Mandir, New Alipore, Kolkata on 21st July 2019. The workshop was conducted by Sri Shivakumar, Director, Sri Aurobindo Foundation for Integral Education & Reserch where teachers of Sri Aurobindo Bal Mandir as well teachers from Mirraloke, Sri Aurobindo Centre of Education – Purulia and Sri Aurobindo Society School of Maithon participated. Centering around the theme Integral Education, there were interactive sessions and group activities. Starting at 10.30 am, the workshop concluded at 3pm with a short lunch break in between.
In the evening, at Sri Aurobindo Sakti Centre, there was a programme of AuroYouth conducted by Sri Shivakumar, who is also the National Director of AuroYouth. The theme of the session was “My Inner Self”.